I’m interested in conceptualizing and measuring well-being; focusing on harmony in life, satisfaction with life, happiness and meaning in life. This interest also involves examining how we can pursue sustainable well-being: How pursuing different kinds of well-being might bring about different social and environmental consequences. The picture below shows how individuals describe their pursuit of harmony and satisfaction differently.
- Doing well-being: Self-reported activities are related to subjective well-being
- Natural language analyzed with AI-based transformers predict traditional subjective well-being measures approaching the theoretical upper limits in accuracy
- Computational Language Measures
- Semantic measures: Using natural language processing to measure, differentiate, and describe psychological constructs
- The Harmony in Life Scale Complements the Satisfaction with Life Scale: Expanding the Conceptualization of the Cognitive Component of Subjective Well-Being